I thought of doing the same but couldn't be arsed to spend any energy on 'what went wrong'.
Instead, here's a list of everything and everyone who made my 2007 such a great writing year. So in no particular order, big thanks to:
- Doris Lessing - for inspiration, for writing about Apartheid, for winning the Nobel prize at eighty-something , for The Grass is Singing
- Bookslam - for being the coolest thing I've done in far too long
- Def Poetry Jams on YouTube - for Floetry, Rives, Shihan and many more
- Amy Winehouse - for Back to Black
- Papa D - for being the first person to tell me about my blog (without knowing it was mine!)
- WriteWords - for advice, spats, inspiration and the Life Boar. It should really be number one on this list...
- Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie - for telling the story of Biafra
- OBE and the Africa Channel - for painting another picture
- Rhonda Byrne - for The Secret. Which works.
- The Child - for inspiration and love; for laughter and bizarre one-liners like, 'Heaven is full of dead people.'
- The Itch of Writing - for reminding me - every single morning